Wall in Knyzna, South Africa 2017
ANISSA BUCKLEY, MBA, CHHC, CPT
Anissa Buckley is a nationally recognized health & wellness expert and public speaker. She served as Vice President of health and wellness at Vestcom International, where she advised 30 of the top U.S. grocery and drug retailers on health & wellness strategies.
Prior to joining Vestcom, Buckley founded a nutrition company and developed the retail industry’s leading nutrition database, healthyAisles™ which scores grocery items for health claims and for which she has a patent pending.
In 2007, Vestcom acquired Buckley’s company. Upon joining Vestcom, Buckley negotiated a relationship between Supervalu, a Top 5 retailer and a Harvard University medical affiliate to co-develop one of the first retail nutrition programs, Nutrition IQ™, which was featured in The Wall Street Journal.
In 2011, she was invited to The White House to confer with Sam Kass, President Obama’s personal chef and the first lady’s advisor on the Let’s Move program. Prior to Vestcom, Buckley earned an MBA and a BS in food marketing from Cornell University. She spent 15 years working for Procter & Gamble, Sprint, and Birds Eye Foods in various marketing and sales positions. She also holds a holistic nutrition counseling certification (CHHC) from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, a Health Coaching certification from Duke University, as well as a personal training certification (CPT) from The National Academy of Sports Medicine.
In September 2013, she co-founded Real Life Food and Fitness, a first-to-market unique format, which included fresh 500 calorie meals, HIIT fitness classes and health coaching under one roof. Anissa and her health coaching team helped several customers lose between 20-80 lbs, gain energy and feel better. She sold that business in 2015.
Since 2015, Buckley has been consulting and undertaking a series of physical endeavors, in the pursuit of physical challenge. Below are a sample of her endeavors:
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania – summitted 3 days, 19k feet, carried 40 lb pack
- Himalayas, Nepal, Kathmandu – summitted Thorang Pass (18k feet), hiked 110 miles
- South Africa, Port Elizabeth to Mossel Bay – cycled Garden Route (248 miles)
- South Africa, Cape Town – completed Two Oceans Ultramarathon (35 miles)
- Canary Islands, Lanzarote – cycled Timanfaya Volcano route and Mirador peak
- Mexico, Playa del Carmen, Tulum & Cozumel – cycled Cozumel and Playa
- Colorado, Boulder – cycled Mount Evans, highest paved road US, 14.1k feet; Hiked Long’s Peak (14k), Devil’s Thumb (14k)
- California – cycled Mount Whitney, Mount Rose (Lake Tahoe) both over 10k feet
- Hawaii, Maui – cycled Haleakala volcano (10k), longest climb in US, 36 miles
- Ironman –completed Ironman Maryland 140.6 mi; completed IM Syracuse 70.3 mi, IM Boulder 70.3
- Spartan Beast World Championships 2014, Killington VT